Monday 3 May 2010

Target Audience research

In order to find out the best way of communicating my animation to my undergraduate audience, I wanted to find out the preferred learning style for undergraduate students. I found a study that carried out research on undergraduates at Michigan state University. Fleming's VARK inventory tool for assessing individual learning style preferences was administered to undergraduate physiology majors. This test analyses four types of learning methods: Visual, Auditory, Read/Write and Kinesthetic. Although this was carried out on Physiology students, I believe that the results will prove useful as they are undergraduates none the less, these are the results:


The results show that both male and female prefer multi-modal learning, which is a combination of all learning methods. Having said that, the next highest result for women is Kinesthetic and the least is Auditory which doesn't make the results. For men, Auditory, Read/Write and Kinesthetic area all tied and Visual does not make the results. This makes me realise that I will have to include a combination of Visual, Auditory, Read/Write and Kinesthetic information. This will prove extremely difficult as it the majority of animations are made of visual and auditory information and do not require any actions from an audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment