Saturday 18 September 2010

Themes for new idea

When visualising my idea, I wanted the art style to express my characters emotions in a very simplified manner, yet I wanted to also display lush landscapes in all their beauty. To express the characters, the illustrations of Karl Pilkington, who's illustrations feature a more simplified art style of the animated series, The Flintstones by Hanna-Barbera Productions caught my eye. However, I then realised that using a similar art style would prevent me from really expressing the landscapes in my scenes. Personally wanting to paint the landscapes in through graphics tablet got me thinking about the painted style used in the game 'Prince of Persia' and 'Drake's fortune'. I finally decided I would combine both Karl Pilkingtons illustrations and the art style used in 'Prince of Persia' and Drake's Fortune to allow me to display both simplified characters and lush landscapes.





Having got back from holiday in India, I felt inspired to feature the landscapes I had viewed there, in my assignment. I also felt that having visited the country enough times, I had a feel for the place which I could transfer into my work. I therefore decided to set my story in India.

No comments:

Post a Comment